Sunday, October 25, 2015

5 Months




Lena seems so much bigger this month! In more ways than one.

She's well over 15lbs and is currently wearing size 6-9 mos clothes and size 3 diapers!

She's really "talking" a lot now and using her adorable eyebrows for expression. She likes to roll over both ways all over the floor now and LOVES when Elise joins her for playtime. Lena and Daddy have a new game they love to play at bedtime, where Lena grabs his nose and he makes a honking sound. Whats crazy is that she remembers playing it! She smiles and laughs and it just brings a tear to my eye every time. Watching my husband bond with our children has been one of the best parts of becoming parents. She grabs his face and pulls it in for kisses, it's the sweetest thing.

Lena's nursing is still pretty similar to last month's. Although, unfortunately, my dreaded Aunt Flo came back (stupid mother nature), and it caused my supply to take a major dip. Estrogen will do that, which is why most OBGYNs recommended low doses of hormones for nursing mothers. So after my large dose of estrogen from Aunt Flo, Lena was nursing frequently and becoming frustrated. I started drinking a gallon of water each day and that really helped bring my supply back. Now we are back on a normal schedule for nursing. Lena is starting to really show an interest in food! She's constantly reaching for ours and trying to put it in her mouth. She may or may not have gotten some mashed potatoes from Nana's plate at our last weekly family dinner! Baby led weaning is the road we will take with Lena just like we did with Elise and I know it will be so messy and so fun! We can't wait to help her try Thanksgiving food next month!

Lena is still sleeping much the same. Not great. For the time being, we've decided to just go with the flow and continue bed-sharing. Luckily, we have a giant bed and we aren't giant people. So there's plenty of room for Lena to have a safe, blanket/pillow free space. I just roll to her when she wants to nurse, and when she's done, I roll back over to the comfy warm side with my husband. Some nights are better than others, but overall, I know I'm getting more rest and sleep than I would if I were having to sit up to nurse or get up and walk down the hall. Survival. She's been napping really well lately and is even getting pretty good about putting herself to sleep. If she's dry and full, she will coo and talk. I just get up and walk away and come back ten minutes later to a sleeping baby! Win some, lose some, I suppose! My husband and I definitely get frustrated at a lack of sleep, but our experience tells us this time in her life is short lived and we should enjoy our bedtime snuggles while we can get them.

This month, our family has been busy! My sister's wedding and its festivities have taken up a lot of time, but it was so worth it! Elise was a flower girl, along with my sister's new niece and nephew. They did an amazing job and Elise was the LIFE of the party at the reception. She literally danced all evening. Lena only had one major meltdown and thankfully it wasn't during the ceremony. I guess with all the commotion, we had to expect at least one of those from one of the girls!

We are still trying to get settled in Enid with everything we have going on. Josh's 30th birthday is coming up soon, so we are excited to celebrate that with him and our families. Soon after it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas and Elise's 3rd birthday. My husband's new job has him out the door every morning around 5am, and then sometimes not home until 7ish. The days are long, and our evening hustle to get everyone fed, bathed, and ready for bed in 1.5 hours (including ourselves, because SLEEP) can be a challenge. But even with all that, my husband and I are still very glad we are seeing each other every day and the girls know he will come home everyday. We've even started having weekly Wednesday night dinners with my in laws, which has been great! We've never lived close enough to family (with kids) for them to come visit without needing an overnight bag. The girls love it and we do too. The town we are living in isn't our favorite, and we still really miss our C130 friends and family, but all these perks are worth the trade!

















I still can't believe we made TWO beautiful little ladies :)


My Mini Me :)



 I don't feel good Mom. Stop with the pictures! 



Thought I would scare Mom and sleep on my face. 





This dress is size 9 MONTHS! Wahh! 


Only way I can shower nowadays!

She LOVES sitting in her Jenny Jump Up! 



Ready for cooler weather and holidays with our sweet girls. We are getting into uncharted territory as our first holiday season with kids together begins. We cannot wait to see what new traditions and activities form. So many wonderful memories ahead. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment