Sunday, May 17, 2015

36 weeks



This week wrapped up a longer than normal separation for my husband and I. We were so excited to see each other Friday night, I may have cried a little. 

My daughter has been sick, I have been sick, and my discomfort and impatience for this pregnancy is growing daily! 

This weekend my husband and I were able to celebrate our anniversary. It's been 9 years since our first date back in college, and 7 years since we met at the end of a wedding aisle and said "I do." 
We were able to go out alone for dinner but unfortunately it didn't last long. As soon as our food arrived, Lena's movements began to hurt. It felt like lightening in my upper thigh/vagina. I had experienced it before and I knew it wasn't labor or anything. All I wanted was some time to have my husband to myself to have some good conversation so I just tried to tough it out. Eventually, the pain caused me to literally drop my silverware and excuse myself to go outside and I just couldn't stop crying. I tried sitting standing, and even placing my hands in some awkward places to move her to make it stop. No luck. So my husband had our food and dessert packed to go home. Poor guy had not actually seen me in this one of pain before and he wanted to take me to the hospital. I assured him it wasn't labor, but as a compromise, we called our doula. She said I was feeling textbook sciatic nerve pain. I had heard of this before but I always thought it was more of a back pain. My pain was in my leg. I didn't know the sciatic nerve ran down your leg! So I learned something new and ended up eating dinner after having elevated my butt and getting Lena out of that sweet sensitive spot.  

I felt awful that my pain essentially ruined our plans to be alone. But my husband assured me sweetly "we have our whole married lives to do things alone. We need to take care of you and that baby right now." 

This weekend, my husband got me a gift and flowers for our anniversary. But it was his empathy and his further help at the house that reminded me why I decided to marry this man and why I'm so glad I did. I don't think a better partner in life exists for me. He's in the midst of another grueling training and I'm pregnant (again!) and he has no trouble nor does he complain about picking up whatever slack I may leave behind because I'm having pregnancy issues. 

Beside the pain, I've been feeling anxious. I can't really explain it, but I feel like this baby will be coming sooner rather than later. I'm pretty sure I've already lost my mucus plug, my weight gain has slowed big time, and my digestive system has taken a 180 degree turn. 

Time will tell if my feelings are accurate or not. I've had several dreams of her being born on May 24. Which is this upcoming weekend. 

Honestly? We are ready. We want to meet our daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment