Monday, April 25, 2016

11 months



Suddenly, we are down to one month left before Lena becomes a year old. We are about to have two toddlers and no babies in our home. It's bittersweet for sure. I know my husband says he won't miss it and there are definitely parts that I won't miss either. I won't miss the not sleeping....all the NOT SLEEPING. Stressing over how to make her sleep without harming her, finding ways to healthily cope with not sleeping, worrying about myself and what not sleeping is doing to MY mental and physical well being, worrying about my oldest daughter and how my not sleeping is affecting her, etc, etc, etc, etc. I love my babies more than I know how to say, but I am pretty certain that their first years took years off my life in stress. That is something I won't miss.

But oh, how I will miss their baby coos, watching them sleep on my chest, falling asleep nursing, grabbing my fingers with their tiny fists, smiling at me those first few times, and that AMAZING baby smell....on their heads and in their tiny breath. Watching them do so many new and amazing things everyday for months, seeing their personalities bloom and blossom.

This month, Lena started saying MAMA to me! FINALLY! She says it all day long now and it's music to my ears! She crawls around saying it over and over, then after awhile, she crawls into my lap and lays down...softly saying "mamamamamama" My heart just melts into a big ole puddle. She's on the go most of the day now. She doesn't always nap twice a day, we've found that we can stretch her to one if we need to. It won't be long before she will only be napping once everyday. Just like her sister. Much easier on us to get out and do stuff together. She is still sleeping really well at night. She sleeps a solid 12 hours. Right now she's waking around 6am and goes to bed around 6pm. We have been inching our way towards a 7pm bedtime (and hopefully a 7am wakeup) so that both girls are going to bed at the same time and we get a little more time together as a family of four in the evenings.

Lena is still eating like a teenage boy. When we go out (especially for breakfast) she and her sister can usually split an adult meal. We have yet to find a food that Lena doesn't gobble up immediately. She is a big fan of protein, which is great, but girl also has a heart for carbs! She definitely gets that from her mama! She's really good at picking up her food, whatever it may be. We are starting to branch out in what we let her try and she has surprised us each time. Still avoiding most fruit and dairy for now for safety reasons. She has tried a little bit of apple and blueberry here and there, but we don't want to overdo anything or cause an allergic reaction. Our pediatrician is still confident that she will grow out of it before she's two.

Lena hasn't mastered walking yet, but she gets closer everyday. She's cruising from couch to table and can stand up along empty walls and using people's legs. After having one kid who started walking at 10 months, I'm perfectly content to sit back and enjoy this crawling stage while it lasts. Elise crawled for maybe 2-3 weeks before she picked up walking, I feel like we didn't really get to enjoy it! Lena isn't in a hurry so neither are we! Plus, my husband says she's not technically a toddler until she starts walking so we can still call her our baby. (Though, if I'm being honest, I'll always call her my baby since she's the youngest!)

So we have many more milestones yet to hit and we are looking forward to witnessing them all! Birthday party plans are under way and will be on the blog next month. I still can't believe it....


First Easter as a family of four!


They LOVED hunting and playing with the eggs




Lazy mornings with Daddy



Our girls love eating outside 


Always helping Lena get a drink! No wonder Lena still won't hold her own sippy, she never has to!


Trying to stand up





Hipster babe


We LOVE weekends at the McVay Farm!




Lena got really sick this month. Double ear infection and a nasty virus! Lots of snuggles prescribed.




Obviously it got much worse before she got better! (that's one TIRED mama)


On the mend



Our little bookworm


Finally feeling better


Damn sun!


Reading with BeeBee



Signs and SAYS ALL DONE now!



Cousin Norah came for a playdate!



So glad we got to spend time with BOTH Newport Aunts at once! We miss having Aunt Kiki in OK!


We take weekend play time and rest time very seriously


Getting better at the sippy cup thing!



Looking so big with her shoes on!



That face!


I'm pretty proud of this silhouette. I knew exactly what I wanted this shot to look like and I figured it out on my own in manual mode. Photography game is getting better and better!


MOM!







































No comments:

Post a Comment