Wednesday, May 25, 2016

First Birthday Party


I cannot believe we have Lena's first birthday party under our belts already!

The theme was You Are My Sunshine. We had family, friends, and lots of sugary deliciousness.

Having my husband there to celebrate was the best part. I didn't expect to still feel sad about him missing Elise's first birthday, but I felt it coming at my niece's first birthday a couple weeks ago. It just hit me like a ton of bricks, and I worried I wouldn't be able to hold it together for Lena's party. I did, though. Oh, I had a good cry on my own later, for sure. But I managed to shove the negative feelings aside long enough to enjoy the beautiful day and everything we have to be so thankful for. It was so great to see everyone who turned out to show our little girl love.

Anyway, more about Lena on her 12 months blog....here's the party pictures!
























No comments:

Post a Comment