Thursday, October 6, 2011

First Passport Stamp

Saturday I am breaking in my BRAND new passport with a trip to Costa Rica with my husband!

If you know me or read my blogs, you know this trip is LONG overdue. I still find it hard to believe it's really happening. Being in the military puts vacations for just us on the backburner. A lot of the time we have to use our leave for family times, holidays, and things like weddings or funerals. Leave is a hard thing to build up (only get 2.5 days/mo). Even if we can acquire the leave, anytime we want to go anywhere, it all still has to be approved by the military as well. Kind of a hassle.

We couldn't be more excited about Costa Rica though. Neither of us has been there and we hear many wonderful things about it. We booked an all inclusive resort that includes champagne, breakfast in bed, and dinner on our private balcony and a couples massage in our room! Hopefully it won't be another 3 years before our next vacation. At least deployments, (as awful as they are) pay well enough to get us somewhere new and fun at the end of them. We definitely decided a majority of our extra deployment money will go towards funding quality time for us together.

Speaking of which, my husband is home :) He was deployed for 4 mos overseas and seeing his face when he got off that plane was nothing short of heavenly. Of course I cried and may have even cracked a couple of his ribs hugging him! As much as I missed him, I gotta say I definitely learned a lot about myself this summer. I got a job, made a ton of new friends, took a couple trips, met my goal weight, got Macy to run a mile, and did a lot around our house to make it more like a home. I feel like this first deployment was a hurdle I had to overcome well and on my own. Now I know that I can handle it. I know what makes me feel better and what makes me feel worse during a deployment. Now I'm not completely dreading the next and unfortunately imminent deployment. I found a bit of independence I forgot that I had. Which is something military wives cannot do without.


No comments:

Post a Comment