Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hawaii...Ohana-style

*Ohana = family, btw*

My family and I are in love with the state of Hawaii. My parents went for the first time for their 15th anniversary. I'm pretty sure I've lost count of how many times they've gone since then. My schedule has always been a hectic one, so I haven't been able to go every time they've planned a trip. Although, I have still been twice. :) Once when I was 15 (turned 16 while I was there), and then again when I was 19 (turned 20 while I was there).

By some magical miracle, my husband and I are actually able to go this year with my family! I cannot express our excitement. For one thing, who knows when the six of us will be able to take a big trip like this again all together. Secondly....it's HAWAII! My husband has never been so the poor guy will be our tourist and us his tour guides. We have a lot planned for him to see. This has to include, of course, a trip to Oahu to visit Pearl Harbor. By the way, it's my personal opinion that if you go to Hawaii and don't go to Pearl Harbor, you've wasted your trip....unless you've been once before. It's such a sobering and tragically beautiful sight to see.

Hawaii really has a hold on my heart for some reason. It's very beautiful of course. The weather is 70-90 degrees year round and there are no bugs! :) But every time I've been there I've found it very difficult to pull myself away. Something about it feels like home. This place will always have a special place in my heart!

I am also very excited to celebrate yet another birthday while I'm in Hawaii. I can't wait. I have high hopes for my 26th year. 25 was a rough year for me and us as a couple. Deployment, a miscarriage, and Josh basically being gone close to 200 days out of the year took its toll on us.

So this month, I am welcoming another year of my life. I'm grateful to be able to share it with my husband and my family. Though its been a tough year, we've learned so much and have become much closer. We are actually really looking forward to the year ahead. I'm sure it won't be without challenge or heartache, but after everything we've been through so far, we feel confident that we can handle pretty much anything life decides to throw at us.

So here's to starting a new chapter Hawaiian style....I can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment